How to Pick Up a Good Topic for a Research Paper in Geography
Picking a good geography topic for your research paper really means finding something that:
- fits within the parameters of the project and
- is something you really enjoy
You will be stuck with this topic for a while so you want to ensure it is something that is related to your course and is something that you want to become an expert in.
This is going to be the most important part of your paper. It is going to be talking about what the importance of the topic in general is and what you are going to be saying about it in your paper.
The body is where you are going to go through the work in question and talk about any aspects that might have some relevance to the topic. There is generally going to be a lot of work and not too much space so you will want to narrow the scope of what you are working with. There are a lot of ways to work through literature such as:
- Try to figure out what the major devices are that are being used in the work that may be playing a role in how the complete message and meaning of the work is being conveyed to the reader.
- Try to find some themes that are being addressed in a lot of parts of the work and then talk about how they form a cohesive message.
- Try and find roots of words and show how these deep meanings are adding complexity to the work as a whole.
- Try and relate the work, or aspects of it, to the life of the author and their own experience.
Everything that you need to do is to talk about the evidence that backs up your own thesis. If there are arguments against your thesis, why not take some shots at them?
What are the teachers looking for in your work?
They will be looking for a new analysis of something old. You need to find ways to make your points in a subtle way and in a way that will support the argument that you are making. This is present in other types of essays as well. Make sure you realize that every work of art is ultimately trying to say something. There is a lot of critical theory here but you don’t need to know it.
The essay topics you see might be a good idea of where you might want to start. Whatever the subject is you can use it to show your own thoughts as well as your personality, attitude, and thoughts.
What we help with
- Midterm projects
- Research papers
- Topic selection
- Outline structure
- Fighting plagiarism
Welcome to OpenScrolls.org - the best free academic resource for college students. We will teach you how to write impeccable introductions and conclusions for your term papers as well as show you how to conduct research for your term papers.